Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) celebrates the exciting research conducted by Master or Doctoral students. Developed by The University of Queensland (UQ), the exercise cultivates students’ academic, presentation and research communication skills. The competition supports their capacity to effectively explain their research in three minutes, in a language appropriate to a non-specialist audience.
Master, Active PhD, and Professional Doctorate (Research) candidates who successfully passed their confirmation milestone (including candidates whose thesis is under submission) by the date of their first presentation are eligible to participate in 3MT competitions at all levels.
1. A single static PowerPoint or Keynote slide is permitted. No slide transitions, animations or ‘movement’ of any description are allowed. The slide is to be presented from the beginning of the oration.
2. No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
3. No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
4. Presentations are limited to 3 minutes maximum and competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified.
5. Presentations are to be spoken word (eg. no poems, raps or songs).
6. Presentations are to commence from the stage.
7. Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter starts their presentation through either movement or speech.
8. The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.
NOW - 15 JAN 2019
31 JAN 2019
Annoucement of the preliminary candidates
22 FEB 2019
15 MAR 2019
TrainingStage Performance & Powerful Presentation
22 MAR 2019
Gold Champion for PhD
Gold Champion for Master
The 3MT Finalist
|No.||Name - Surname||Faculty/School||University|
|1||Nathinee Jiarakul||Faculty of Education||Chulalongkorn University|
|2||Piyapong Laosrirattanacha||Faculty of Humanities||Srinakharinwirot University|
|3||Siwaphorn kanchanarat||Faculty of Science||King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi|
|4||Supanad Hensawang||Graduate School||Chulalongkorn University|
|5||Witchayada Nawanidbumrung||Faculty of Education||Chulalongkorn University|
|6||Kittiya Malaniyom||Faculty of Medicine||Srinakharinwirot University|
|7||Narawitch Lertngim||Faculty of Science||King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi|
|8||Nichaphat Sangkanchanavanich||Faculty of Engineering||Chulalongkorn University|
|9||Satika Boonkaewwan||Graduate School||Chulalongkorn University|
|10||Slila Chayanun||Faculty of Engineering||Chulalongkorn University|