Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) celebrates the exciting research conducted by Master or Doctoral students. Developed by The University of Queensland (UQ), the exercise cultivates students’ academic, presentation and research communication skills. The competition supports their capacity to effectively explain their research in three minutes, in a language appropriate to a non-specialist audience.
Master, Active PhD, and Professional Doctorate (Research) candidates who successfully passed their confirmation milestone (including candidates whose thesis is under submission) by the date of their first presentation are eligible to participate in 3MT competitions at all levels.
1. A single static PowerPoint or Keynote slide is permitted. No slide transitions, animations or ‘movement’ of any description are allowed. The slide is to be presented from the beginning of the oration.
2. No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
3. No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
4. Presentations are limited to 3 minutes maximum and competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified.
5. Presentations are to be spoken word (eg. no poems, raps or songs).
6. Presentations are to commence from the stage.
7. Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter starts their presentation through either movement or speech.
8. The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.
NOW - 15 JAN 2019
31 JAN 2019
Annoucement of the preliminary candidates
22 FEB 2019
15 MAR 2019
TrainingStage Performance & Powerful Presentation
22 MAR 2019
Gold Champion for PhD
Gold Champion for Master
Available for candidates from any University
ONLINE AUDITION: Today until 15 January 2019.
1.Download an abstract form and fill up your own abstract. Noted: your signature and your advisors are required in the abstract form.
2.Review the video submission guidelines for detailed instructions on how to record your video.
3.Upload your video presentation and abstract via online (e.g. Google Drive or Dropbox).
4.Fill up your personal information in registration form via online and then attach both URL Links to the end of the form.